May Top Tips
1. Get planting out the moment the night time temperatures are warmer. Keep your eyes on the forecast and get ready to cover things up if the frost returns.
2. Allow generous spacings. Gardening is not all about getting maximum yields. Treat your soil and all the life within it with respect.
3. Sow Runners and climbing French beans directly in the soil with a few extras in pots in case of slug disaster.
4. Keep pushing the hoe around the garden on sunny days so the roots get burned off.
5. Make the first brew of comfrey feed by filling a large bucket with the cut leaves and then topping up with water. Leave for two weeks until it stinks. Then feed 50:50 with water to everything. It is much loved by the solanum tribe.